Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pack your bags, Lamar...

Lamar Alexander, I remember when you walked 1,000 miles across the state of Tennessee in a red and black flannel shirt in your bid for Governor of Tennessee. I remember SEEING you walking down the street in the Fish Fry parade in Paris, Tennessee, smiling and waving at people along the route, shaking hands and the like.

It worked, you won two terms as Governor.

I remember your presidential bids in 96 and 2000. You had my support until you withdrew from the races, knowing it was an uphill battle that you couldn't win. You had my vote when you ran for the senate...

I tried calling your office to let my word, one of your constituents in this state, someone who VOTED for you, be known.

Thousands of us tried to call your office over the last few days.

From Thursday until Monday I got a busy signal.

People calling into talk radio shows across this state, Steve Gill primarily among them, reported the same. You know Steve Gill. You were on his show this morning, skirting questions and dancing around issues. That pissed your voter base off even more, those of us who could stomach listening to you talking out of both sides of your mouth after yesterday.

Busy signals, Lamar.

I don't recollect your predecessor, Fred Thompson, ever having busy signals when people tried to call in.

NOT FOR FIVE DAYS.

I know I don't speak for every Republican in this state, but I can tell you this. There are a LOT of us who are FURIOUS with your "yes" vote yesterday. You didn't listen. I can't prove that your phones where off the hook, but that's the speculation amongst the people who PUT YOU IN OFFICE.

I don't believe we'll be repeating that mistake.

Once and Always, an American Fighting Man

.

No comments: