Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Man Who Would Be King Doesn't Even Know the Size of the Kingdom

I don't know why people don't see through this rather thin veneer. I don't understand the rock star treatment by the media.

The man shouldn't be running for local level politics if he's this damned stupid.



"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

The Times' conscientious Robin Abcarian thought she heard something different there. She checked her tape recorder. It had captured what he had actually said -- 57 states now. A new Louisiana Purchase that's gone unannounced so far? Was he channeling his inner John Kerry-Heinz 57 personality?

(UPDATE: At a later stop Obama was talking with reporters and expressed concern he'd also mis-stated the number of potential cyclone victims in Burma. He said, ""I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It's a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh." At that point, an aide cut him off and ushered journalists out. Before he could mis-speak again?)

This is what we want running the country? A man who doesn't even know how many states there are?

And ya'll think W is dumb?

At least Bush was a better known entity than Barry H Obama when he was elected President. Obama is still so new into the political scene that we don't know anything about him. Not really. But with bullshit stupidity like this and his prancing and dancing for the press pool ladies in a pair of jeans, we're learning more than enough...

For Obama's next amazing display of stupidity, maybe Jeff Foxworthy can book him on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

Once and Always, an American Fighting Man

.

No comments: