Thursday, May 1, 2008

Obama and Wright, a lesson in the power of much ado about nothing?

I love Shakespeare. The man had a flair, and had a saying that fits almost every occasion. "All the world's a stage," and "methinks the lady doth protest too much" come heavily to mind when it comes to Barack Hussein Obama and his mentor Jeremiah Wright.


For the past few days, as evidenced by Marc Ambinder's article in the Atlantic, we've been bombarded by story after story, report after report, article after article, about how that Obama has disowned, disavowed, disassociated, disconnected from, dismissed, and all but disintegrated Wright, right?

Wrong.

"Something is rotten in the State of Denmark." I honestly think that Obama and Wright are both protesting too loudly and too much. Way too much.

Everyone from Limbaugh down is talking about how Obama has thrown Wright under the bus on this. I thought that at first, as well, but see, I've been thinking (damned dangerous, I know, especially when it comes to me doing it, because I love puzzles, and damned if this didn't fall into place just like a puzzle).

Here's how I've pieced it together, in my mind (short version, the actual process of my reasoning this out would scare the hell out of you): Obama was a virtual unknown in the political arena, he winds up at Wright's church while trying to make a name for himself, enters into the race for the 2004 Illinois Senate seat and virtually coasted into the office because of the SCANDALOUS divorce situation around incumbent Jack Ryan (whose wife is actress Jeri Ryan), and now, without even having completed ONE TERM in the Senate, he's a front runner for the Presidency?

I smell the Chicago political machine.

This thing with Obama separating himself from Wright is nothing more than typical smoke and mirrors on the part of the Obama camp in order to try to make himself the "glory boy" and "messiah" again before the last primaries and Denver.

You don't just walk away from 20 years of association with your mentor.

That's horse shit.

But that's my opinion, as Dennis Miller says, I may be wrong.

I don't think I am.

Once and Always, an American Fighting Man


.

No comments: